Which feature do you miss most?

Thursday 25 February 2010

One-Shot (25/02/10)

Today sees the release of another trailer for A Nightmare On Elm Street, the film that looks set to bridge the gap between good remakes like Evil Dead/Evil Dead II and Gus Van Sant's Psycho.

The good news is that it's a big step up on the truly woeful first trailer (which I'm deliberately not linking to.) It does a much better job of building a suitably menacing atmosphere and masking the amount of overly-familiar moments it seems to have to the original (bath bother, unwanted levitation.)

The "micronaps" guy has a serious, most likely intentional, hint of the Pattinson's about him. I'm not feeling Haley's voice at all. The "no, just me" was so Rorschach it sucked me right out of it. This was even worse than usual, as I was really enjoying it up 'til then. That kind of gruffness worked for that character, but it just seems really overblown for this sort of role. Too "scary badman" by far.

No comments: