Which feature do you miss most?

Thursday 22 January 2009

One-Shot (22/01/09)

Songwriting is liking dating. When it doesn't work, it stinks. When it works, euphoria. I've been working on a few songs, on and off, since last May. Usually, they bring chugging, distorted guitars and overactive bass together in an unmitigated squall. Recently, though, I discovered Allison Weiss.* By the time "I'm Ready" finished it's umpteenth spin, Skeletor** was back in action.

Little over a week later, I'm well on my way to completing my first song in months. Not bad going for someone who struggles to marry verses and choruses, eh? Unlike so many of its predecessors, it could easily work as the pop/folk/rock ditty it began as or morph into a roaring stadium anthem. I forgot how good this part is.

Now, if only I could stop thinking about Susie Dent long enough to write some lyrics. Hang on...

* http://allisonweiss.tumblr.com/
** The guitar.

No comments: