Which feature do you miss most?

Saturday 28 March 2009

One-Shot (28/03/09)

Belfast sunshine (no, that's not a typo) looks set to bathe tonight's Northern Ireland vs. Poland match at Windsor Park. Some of it, anyway. I'm not letting the weather fool me about our prospects. I feel more or less the same way now as I did in September '07. The same sense of overwhelming, Light Brigadeian futility hangs in the air. This is the part where I say "C'mon, the Ulstermen! Let's smoke some Pole!" Then, I rephrase that, for obvious reasons, and go with simply 'C'mon, the Ulstermen!"

N.B. Best wishes also go to to Scotland, England, Wales, and of course the Republic against Bulgaria.

EDIT - Mere moments after posting this, I got the following text from the Bro who is fortunate enough to have a ticket for the game:

"Poles wrecking the place app. Boys safely in the shrine. Bring them on!"

That's the spirit. Into them!

No comments: